Since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have resigned they no longer have to abide by royal protocols like not hugging fans or signing autographs.
Harry and Meghan were expected to follow Queen Elizabeth’s “never complain, never explain” mantra.
But it didn’t happen. Here’s a list of the top 5 royal protocols the couple doesn’t need to follow now.
1. They can now hug and kiss their fans: Grant Harrold, a behaviour expert and former butler to Prince Charles, previously revealed to The Royal that it is frowned upon for the royals to touch their fans.
“It is as well as an etiquette rule. It poses a major security risk if anyone is able to get so close that they are able to touch members of the royal family,” he said. Though this hasn’t prevented them in the past. This has usually been reserved for younger children they meet on royal walkabouts.
2. Meghan Markle can go back into acting: Meghan Markle ditched her role as Rachel Zane in the judicial drama “Suits” before entering the royal family. It was not possible for her to continue making her own income and continue receiving funds from British taxpayers. Harry, while quitting as an active royal, indicated this as a major reason they decided to leave their roles. “We wanted to continue serving the Queen, the Commonwealth, but without public funding. Haplessly, that isn’t possible,” he said.
3. They can show PDA in public — though they were never shy about breaking that rule, to begin with: All the Royal fans know that Harry and Markle are the most affectionate couple, at least on camera. It’s clearly visible that Meghan frequently looks lovingly into his eyes. Personally, I‘ve not seen this much affection between the two royals.
For more royal family updates: follow The Royal UK on Instagram
Compared to Kate and William, they are much more affectionate in public. We don’t often see Prince William and the Duchess holding hands, but the Sussexes do it if the cameras are there or not. Isn’t it so lovely?
4. Meghan Markle can start dressing the way she used to before becoming a royal: Markle, over the years, has worn many eye-catching coatdresses, and ball gowns as the Duchess of Sussex. However, now that she’s not a member of the family, we can see her revert to some more casual wear, such as jeans and jackets.
5. They can sign autographs: When asked to sign autographs for fans, Charles is said to have responded by saying, “I’m sorry, I’m not allowed to do that. Markle broke this rule when she signed a 10-year-old girl’s autograph book in 2018.
If you liked the article, kindly share it with your friends, groups and family members