Major changes are currently underway in the royal family. The Queen has agreed to the creation of a new household for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Harry and William have considered a formal division of their joint royal household. This creation of separate courts is to to reflect their increasingly different responsibilities.
Then, it was announced that Harry and Meghan, who are currently expecting their first child, are moving away from Kensington Palace. The couple will instead set up home at Frogmore Cottage on Her Majesty’s Windsor Estate. In February, a source confirmed to The Royal UK that William and Harry were set to split their household within weeks.
However, the insider told an interesting fact about the split.
He told that it is hoped the split of the household will help ease the reported tensions between the brothers and their wives, Meghan and Kate. Now, Queen Elizabeth has announced that she approves of the household split. She released a statement on the matter on Thursday.
Also read: Harry And Meghan Leaving Kensington Palace Amid Tension With William And Kate?
The statement read as: “The Queen has agreed to the creation of a new household for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year. The Household, which will be created with the support of Her Majesty and Prince Charles will be established in the spring”.
“Prince Harry currently has his own private office, which has been supporting the Duchess since their engagement in November 2017. This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for their work are in place as they start their family and move to their official residence at Frogmore Cottage”.
Well, there was still more to the statement.
“The Queen has given permission for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to base their Household Office at Buckingham Palace. They will appoint new communications staff, who will form part of the Buckingham Palace communications team. Kensington Palace will continue to support their Royal Highnesses until that team is in place”.
Also read: William, Kate, Meghan And Harry Pay Tribute Following Sad Palace News.
Not only this, the palace also announced on Thursday that Sara Latham has been appointed to head up communications for the parents-to-be. Sara previously worked at communications firm ‘Freuds’. There, she oversaw global corporate accounts with a particular emphasis on executive thought leadership.
New confirmations have also been reported for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Jason Knauf has been appointed as Senior Adviser to William and Kate. Knauf’s responsibilities will include advising the royal couple on their charitable initiatives.
That will include working on the environment, mental health, and early childhood. Also, supporting a review of the charitable structures that underpin their work. And, Christian Jones has been appointed as Communications Secretary to William and Kate.