You are here
Home > The Royal Family > Prince Charles > Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus

Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus

Prince Charles

Prince Charles, the 71-year-old heir to the British throne, has been tested positive for the coronavirus.


Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, are currently isolating themselves in Scotland.



Clarence House confirmed that he has been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease. The official statement was released this morning. Prince of Wales displayed “mild symptoms” but “otherwise remains in good health”. Prince Charles has been self-isolating with the Duchess of Cornwall – who has tested negative for coronavirus.

The official statement was:

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” the statement said. “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

Also read: Paparazzi photos of Prince Charles and Camilla on the beach are causing controversy



The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla, was also been tested but does not have the virus. Complying with government’s accordance and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland,

These tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire. The couple met the criteria required for testing. It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

Prince Charles’ last public event was a reception and dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief effort on 12 March. Earlier that day he attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace. During the ceremony, he greeted recipients with a non-contact gesture due to concerns about the spread of the illness.

He had been avoiding shaking hands with members of the public at a number of events recently, instead choosing to use the namaste gesture. And the royal had last appeared in public with the Queen at Westminster Abbey when senior royals including Prince William and Prince Harry went to the Commonwealth Service on March 9.

Also read: How did Princess Diana confront Camilla Parker after knowing about the affair?



Queen Elizabeth and husband Prince Phillip, 98, released a statement urging Britain to come together during the trying times. Buckingham Palace today said Her Majesty remains in good health and last saw her son Charles on March 12.

Comments

comments

Top