The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan has enjoyed a close relationship with her in-laws, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
During their time as active working members of the royal family, there have been some lovely pictures capturing Meghan and Charles together.
Most memorably, Charles showed just how much he cares for Meghan on her wedding day in May 2018, when he accompanied her up the aisle when her own father, Thomas Markle, was unable to make the big day due to ill health. Both Charles and Camilla did all they could to make Meghan feel special on her wedding day, while at the same time looking after her mum, Doria Ragland, who attended the ceremony alone.
At royal events, in the past, fans have enjoyed seeing Meghan, Charles and Camilla sharing jokes and laughing together. Without any doubt, Camilla and Charles initially helped Meghan adjust to her royal role with ease.
Also read: Prince Charles to get full custody of Harry’s son Archie when he becomes the king?
1. Most significantly, Meghan’s first appearance following her wedding day and debut as a member of the royal family was Charles’ 70th birthday party. At one point, Meghan, Charles and Camilla were pictured laughing as they watched Harry’s speech interrupted by a bee buzzing around him.
2. On Royal Air Force’s 100th anniversary in June 2018, during their balcony appearance, Prince of Wales and Camilla looked delighted as they shared a joke with Meghan, while Harry, Kate and William also joined in the fun.
3. The future King, Prince of Wales, showed just how much he thinks of Meghan on her wedding day to Prince Harry, as he stepped in to walk her up the aisle to marry his son. Prince Harry later opened up by saying: “I asked him to and I think he knew it was coming, and he immediately said ‘yes, of course, I’ll do whatever Megan needs and I’m here to support you.
For more royal family updates: follow The Royal UK on Instagram
4. Meghan celebrated her one-month wedding anniversary at Royal Ascot in June 2018 and enjoyed catching up with father-in-law Prince Charles during the day. Meghan and Charles were pictured enjoying a conversation with Camilla and Harry in attendance too. This was Meghan’s debut at the annual event, and she was no doubt happy to have her in-laws around for extra support.
5. At Trooping the Colour in 2018, Meghan and Harry were pictured sharing a joke with Charles as they stood on the balcony with the rest of the royal family. The next Trooping of Colour will see the pair make an extra special balcony appearance as first-time parents.
Also read: Prince Charles has the sweetest photo with Meghan framed in his home.
A source spoke to The Times about Meghan and Charles’ relationship at the time, explaining: “They have spent a lot of time together. She was particularly touched by the welcome that the Prince of Wales provided to her mother. It was really lovely. The Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall were incredibly warm towards her.”
If you liked the article, kindly share it with your friends, groups and family members