We all usually celebrate our birthday once a year, the day we are born. But, Queen Elizabeth celebrates her birthday twice a year.
Well, Queen Elizabeth’s quotes are as famous and as unique as she is.
And, no it’s not about celebrating her birthday at two different places but celebrating on two different days. Her actual birthday is on April 21 and her official birthday is celebrated on the second Saturday of June.
At this point in time, she is the most popular and celebrated monarch in the world. She is 96 years old thus and has seen everything from a world war era to political environmental changes. She is not only loved and admired by the citizens of her own country but also by people around the world. Her Majesty has been giving speeches for a very long time.
Also read: 3 life lessons Duchess Kate, Meghan and other royal ladies can learn from the Queen.
Here are some special quotes and lines from Queen Elizabeth which have inspired many generations around the globe.
For more royal family updates: follow The Royal UK on Instagram
- I have to be seen to be believed.
- Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.
- I simply ache from smiling. Why are women expected to beam all the time? It’s unfair. If a man looks solemn, it’s automatically assumed he’s a serious person, not a miserable one.
- They are not royal. They just happen to have me as their aunt.
- My husband has quite simply been my strength and stays all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim.
- Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom.
- Grief is the price we pay for love.
- It has been women who have breathed gentleness and care into the hard progress of humankind.
- At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession.
- The upward course of a nation’s history is due in the long run to the soundness of the heart of its average men and women.
Which is your favourite quote/quotes from the above-mentioned quotes? Kindly comment below.
If you liked the article, kindly share it with your friends, groups and family members. 🙂